For a first time mama, the world of baby products can be SERIOUSLY overwhelming to say the least. So I relied on my existing mama friends & followers to help me put together a list of what the best baby products are 🙂 a lot of you have been asking for it so here it is.
Please note: I’m not yet a mom so I have no idea what we will actually end up using! AND every baby is different I’d say the funniest thing about asking my followers “what I need” & “what I don’t need” was seeing how one MUST have to one mom was a DON’T NEED to another mama. Excited to see what our Little Luna Loves & isn’t a fan of!
- Dock A Tot: this was a poll I did on my instagram! So many people preferred the Dock a Tot but mamas who have the Snuggle Me swear by it. Truly you can’t go wrong with either.
- Boppy Lounger: we decided to go with the this & the Doc-a-Tot
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer
- 4MOMs Mamaroo
- Another good swing option was this Fisher Price one
- Bumbo Seat: Age 6months – 3years grows with the baby
- Solly Wrap: people swear by these to basically wear the baby while you’re trying to get stuff done
- Zipper / Magnetic Sleepers: I’ve been warned about late night diaper changes & endless button snaps! Zippers make it easiest.
- Jolly Jumper : pricey but so many people said its 100% worth the hype.
- Stroller: Uppababy Vista V2 – SO many of you recommended the Uppababy stroller & carseat! We actually got to be a part of their new “Select your style” program where you can order swatches online rather than going to a store. We ended up picking the Stella color for the stroller.
- Car seat: Uppababy Mesa – also a part of the Select your Style program. We got the Jordan color for the Mesa.
- Carrier: Baby Bjorn & Ergobaby were the most recommended. I also picked up the Wild Bird carrier for the cuteness factor 😉
- 4Moms Breeze Playard: My besties swear by this! We have it on our first floor now as a changing station/ place to keep the baby.
- California Beach Co: I fell victim to an instagram ad but wowie is this easy to set up! Looking forward to using down the shore this summer.
- Portable Sound Machine: actually packed this in our hospital bag but a-lot of Mama’s said get a couple of these!
- Diaper Bag: I have several but my favorites are Caraa Sport, Freshly Picked, & Lily Jade
- Cover: for the stroller, car seat or nursing!
- Travel Changing Pad: we have that one & one from Caraa Sport (matching my bag)
- Backseat car mirror
Nursery & Decor:
- Ubbi Diaper Pail: most highly recommended diaper pail!
- Changing basket: Design Dua *cute for pictures too* but we also got the Keekaroo because we heard it’s easier wipe down
- Baby Letto Convertible Crib: We got the Hudson Convertible in Natural
- Hatch sound machine: secretly wish we got one for our room too!
- Halo Bassinet: We loved all the bells & whistles this one came with. Lucky for me my best friend lent us hers!
- Paxton Swivel Glider: Worth EVERY penny it’s so comfortable!
- Velvet Hangers
- Diaper Caddy Organizers: we have the diaper caddy & table storage
- Mattress Protector: this one was highly rated on Amazon.
- Mattress: we were gifted this by one of our friends! She has it and her daughter loves it. Newton was also highly recommended.
Health & Safety
- Owlet Sock – for worrying mom’s like me this monitor is apparently key! It tracks oxygen level and heart rate & monitors sleep patterns.
- Motorola Halo Monitor: yes, it’s worth a pretty penny but we wanted something with a hand held monitor in addition to a phone app. It also has so many cool features, lullabies, ceiling light show!
- Electric Nail File: I’ve heard horror stories about nail trimming but this one was highly recommended because it makes nail trims easier!
- Frida Bitty Bundle of Joy: includes the Snot Sucker, Windi’s, Nail File &
- Rectal Thermometer: for the most accurate readings
- First Aid kit
- Butt Paste: this & good old Destin were the most recommended
- Fridababy Skin Smoother: my sister in law swears by this & gifted it to us!
- Dapple Dish Soap
- Boogie Wipes
- Baby Bath Tub: Angel Care or Skip Hop
- Tubby Todd Bath Products: their ointment was also highly recommended
- Skip Hop Bath Time Essentials: Such a good kit for both baby and parents
- Baby Blossom: for new borns
- Hooded Towels: we died over this one (again the cuteness factor)
- Baby Bath Thermometer
- Lots and lots of wash cloths
- Other highly recommended bath products: Honest, Baby Bum
Other highly recommended items:
- Baby Shusher: this was one of the most recommended products!
- Swaddles: Love 2 Dream , Ollie Swaddle
- Kick & Play Piano: not the cutest but so many mama’s recommended
- LOTS of burp clothes: these amazon ones seemed great
- Wipes: Water Wipes were highly recommended or Pampers Pure
- Diapers: Pampers Pure or Coterie
- Babyganics Hand Sanitizer: alcohol free so it doesn’t irritate the baby
- Pacifiers: Wubbanub, Cutie Pats
- Cuddle and Kind Stuffed Animals: for each stuffed animal bought 10 meals go to children in need!
- Mushie Stacking Cups: one of the most recommended baby toys
- Sophie Teether
- Baby Brezza: it’s basically a keurig for baby formula
- Spectra Pump (for breast feeding mamas) Elvie was already highly recommended both are portable which is insane to think most of them aren’t!
- My Breastfriend or Boppy Nursing Pillow
- Oxo Tot Highchair: we chose this one from reviews & the easy remove tray!
- Inglesina Portable Highchair: perfect for traveling or going out to restaurants!
- Dr Brown’s or Como Tomo Bottles
- Dishwasher basket * for Dr. Brown’s bottles.
- Silicone Bib
- Boon Drying Rack
- EZ Peez Mat
- Bottle Sterilizer: a lot of mama’s said you don’t need this if you have a dishwasher but if you don’t this is a great option
Special shoutout to all the mamas who helped me put this together! & shout out to Jeff Frandsen for the bump picture!